A Nearer Walk With Thee

Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.

28 May 2008

From the Handwritten Journal: "Three Senses"

Another poem (man I was on a kick!)

Three Senses

I watch you break the stillness
To turn a mind around on its hinges
is not a memory that will quickly wash away

I hear you drive the silence
From the steely hearts of men
Who swore that they would never listen.

I feel you fuel the storm
Your truth rips through gathered clouds
Tearing down all their high places.

I watch, to bear witness to indescribable majesty
As the steadiness of your patient power overcomes the world.

No comments: