A Nearer Walk With Thee

Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.

26 May 2008

From the Handwritten Journal: "Homecoming"

For Sara. Another entry from my handwritten ramblings.
"Homecoming"

When he comes home will he know how I've changed?
Can the past year be paid for with the love that we gain?
Will our passion be perfect? Will our laughter remain?
Will his eyes ever see the same girl again?

When he comes home will he whisper to me
And tell me I'm all that he wants me to be?
How can I pay back my love's sweet loyalty:
How he held my heart tight yet set my soul free.

When he comes home will we live up to it all?
Is there any way to brace for that fall?
Try as I might, I can't seem to recall
Why I was his choice, what in me he saw.

Nothing is new, all these questions I ask
Are the toll of the time, are the price of the tax
As I count ever heartbeat 'til he's home at last
I set all my efforts on reunion's new task:

To erase every trace of each cut, scar or bruise
To discard every weapon and wall that I use
To remember that I will have nothing to loose
With strength, my companion, and love as my muse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! Its really good. God really has given you a gift my friend! Great job!