A Nearer Walk With Thee

Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.

24 May 2008

From the Handwritten Journal: "Brittle"

Here's the first in a series of blog's where I am going to copy some of the stuff I wrote in my handwritten journals during the long break I took. I'm going to back date all of these entries so that they show up on the day that I originally wrote them. This poem is directly related to "Cornerstone"

"Brittle"


A brittle cage you've built for me
Of sticks and knots and sky and sea
Of crippling synchronicity
Of all that you've turned out to be

You smear your heart across your sleeve
Your cradle all that you receive
You smoke and laugh, you scream and grieve
You hold me tight, yet beg to leave

Yous seem constructed of my scars
From old love notes and dates in cars
Retrieving pain I've sealed in jars
With all your talk of life and stars

Your eyes shine neither green nor blue
But dully gaze without a hue
As if you they have seen nothing true
As if you don't know what to do

You put me in your brittle cage
I scrawl your blood upon my page
Compassion, weakness, shock and rage
The players on a well-known stage

No comments: