A Nearer Walk With Thee

Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.

30 June 2008

Untitled Poem from June

This poem has been sitting unfinished by my bedside for weeks. I think it's time to get it out there:
The days that I have conquered
Lay slain behind me now
Someone said the end is near
I can't imagine how
Battle-worn and calloused
They say I've earned the right
To be compared with giants
With warriors and knights
But staring over my shoulder
At the wars that I have won
There is a thoughtless aching
For the things that I have done
What was all this worth
These months we spent apart
Drawing toward my final steps
I'm walking in the dark
My aching played a symphony
My suffering was an art
The moment when we find the end
We find we're at the start.

No comments: