I know that this blog has been overrun with lyrics and poetry for the last couple weeks, and I think it's important to take a minute to explain why. Lately, poetry has really been a wonderful gift of expression for me. I have so much to deal with emotionally at this point in my life, and writing has been a complete sigh of relief. When I get a few minutes to sit down and sort through my thoughts, and choose a few highly thought-out words to express entire realms of feeling, experience, and thoughts.
I always used to write, starting when I was about 12 or 13, and it was always something I enjoyed and others said I was good at, but it was something that I only did for me, so when my life went well and I didn't need any "journal therapy," no poetry was written. It's amazing how quickly you'll let something like that slip out of your life.
Like so many other things, God has rekindled my fire for the written word. He's working with me to bring me back to things I'm passionate about: music, acting, writing; He is asking me to use them not only for me but for Him. I am literally ecstatic to comply with His wishes on this one. I also am happy to have a way to share these poems with others without forcing it down throats. This blog seems the perfect avenue for what I'm writing: no one is obliged to read it, but everyone can. Take these verses, or leave them, and I promise it will not hurt my feelings either way. They are there for my Father, and for me. They make me whole again. But if they make you whole too, or what's more likely, if they inspire you to work toward wholeness in your own way, then that's wonderful. May it always be a blessing.
A Nearer Walk With Thee
Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.
07 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just wanted to let you know, that i truly enjoy reading your poems. I think poems are always a wonderful way to express feelings and emotions. I LOVE THEM! Your the best!
Post a Comment