"Stockholm"
I am curled into a tight knot
Balled up in the corner of my couch
My fingertips lightly meet my temples
And though I hear someone crying
I know that I am alone
I am just one woman with only one heart
Spoken for, given fully, and gladly so
But I find that love goes on for miles and miles
Beyond the limits of romance, the edges of lust
I wish I could be alone
Distance stretches out, aching and throbbing
As though each mile is a part of me
I feel phantom pain from hearts that aren't mine
I agonize from things I had long ago severed
I'm surrounded and yet still alone
The ghosts of my past reemerge, unscathed
Invincible, strong, pervasive, unchanged
Their faces seem different, but I still recognize them
The very same men stand bleeding before me
I have never been alone
How can I write down the suffering of love?
It's precious agony, it's delicate stare
I am held hostage to all its disappointments
I am a willing audience to all its victory
Love will never leave me alone.
A Nearer Walk With Thee
Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.
07 June 2008
From the Handwritten Journal: "Stockholm"
"Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in an abducted hostage, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker, regardless of the danger (or at least risk) in which the hostage has been placed. The syndrome is named after the robbery of Kreditbanken in Stockholm, Sweden, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from 23 Aug to 28 Aug in 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their victimizers, and even defended their captors after they were freed from their six-day ordeal." (source: Wikipedia)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love"
g
Post a Comment