I do not have much time this morning, but I have been so moved by an email I received that I thought I needed to take a minute to thank God. I recently purchased a bible for a friend. Almost 2 years ago, when my I met this young man, a good friend of my husbands, he joked about not going on chapel property because "the earth might swallow him up." Needless to say, when he read "Case for Christ" and told me he wanted to read the bible, my husband and I jumped at the chance. I also sent him a "shield of faith medallion" to wear on his dog tags, as he is currently serving in the war. He told me this morning that "I wear the shield everyday and will continue to read the good book." I can't tell you how happy this makes me.
Pray with me that God will do a mighty work through this amazing man, and that we can count him as one less among the missing.
A Nearer Walk With Thee
Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.
25 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow, thats awesome!! I am so excited!
Post a Comment