A Nearer Walk With Thee

Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.

13 April 2008

Another Poem

A Daughter's Repentance

God, forgive my wandering heart.
Though stitch by stitch he tears apart
Thought by thought he works again
Wearing my soul ever thin
Renders my own thoughts to blades
Twisting hearts in darker shades
This obsession, not my own
Webs to catch are quickly sewn.
Redeem again my soul, so low,
Lift it up with cleansing flow
Blood to wash your daughter white
A constant cleansing in your sight.

No comments: