A Nearer Walk With Thee

Welcome to my spiritual journal. I know that retrospect is a great way to see growth and to make it permanent. I am hoping that my devotionals, studies, prayers, poems and incites might also help others as much as they help me. I don't plan identify myself here. I have several reasons for that, the most important of which is that this is not for my glory or recognition, but rather a teaching-tool for God. As I type and read and edit and re-read, I know God will show me so much. I hope He can show you something too.

08 April 2008

Pilot Episode

So for right now I'm just trying this thing out. I don't know how I'll use it, but I think if I do use it at all it's gonna be for something unique. I'll start with a poem:

Again tears are falling, they cover their source
From plain innocence, I find more remorse.
And as pressure falls, as I push all I can
To react as a woman, but still fight like a man,
I see you stay with me, a sweet metronome,
Setting each pace, and each strength, and each tone
You let out the rope, giving enough slack
Watch at length as I bear my attack.
Is it wrong to say that you are not near?
Is it wrong to hope for a guidance that's clear?
Is it wrong to ask You for a little bit more
To pick me up out of that groove on the floor?
I know you are here: You answer my call
You stop the break if you don't stop the fall
The Glory is present, pervasive, and bold.
I feel Your heat in the midst of the cold.
I know You are teaching, I cannot deny
A lesson so harsh, or so cut and dry
I know You love truth and dtest all that's wrong
And that all You are is much more than a song
You can't be all petals and perfume and light
Or judgement is dead, as are wrong and right
I praise Your completeness, and confess that the whole
Is rightly opposed to the lack of my soul
I see once again that You fill me up
I see the bread, and the wine, and the cup
I see all You've done, my God in that man,
My precious redeemer, a passover lamb
And now, my sweet master, I know why I weep
The passion was painful, the purpose was steep

No comments: